TCEQ FTPS is based on secure FTP and is provided as a way to share files. Files can be shared within the agency, shared by TCEQ with the public, and shared by the public with TCEQ. Small files are often shared in email, which has a 25 MB size limit for e-mail attachments within TCEQ. This application is provided as a way to share larger files. Files are shared for a limited amount of time.
Files will be available as shared on the server for 7 days. Shared files should be downloaded to a more permanent storage location. If files are needed longer than 7 days and are not saved to another location, the files will need to be re-shared by uploading the files again.
TCEQ FTPS can be used by TCEQ staff, as well as the public. If you have a TCEQ network user name and password, use them to login. If not, you will need to request and use a TCEQ FTPS account to login. A file can only be shared with an existing account.
Use the following web interface to manage your account if you don't have TCEQ credentials.
TCEQ staff will use their existing TCEQ account to login. All other customers will use a TCEQ FTPS account to login.
To access TCEQ FTPS:
1. Use your browser to go to https://ftps.tceq.texas.gov/
2. Enter your account name and password.
3. Click the Login button.
4. When you are ready to exit, click the Logout button on the right top corner.
Go to top of the page
There are 3 different ways to upload files into TCEQ FPTS: the Upload Files button, drag and drop, or FileZilla. Files that are no larger than 2GB can be uploaded with the Upload Files button or drag and drop. We recommend using FileZilla to upload files larger than 2GB, or if you have difficulty uploading files with either the Upload Files button or drag and drop.
Since files are shared for only a limited amount of time, files that are needed for longer than the shared time should be downloaded to your host machine and saved to another location. Download is only available for files. Files can be downloaded with TCEQ FTPS or FileZilla.
1. In TCEQ FTPS, locate the file you want to download.
2. Click the file name to start downloading.
3. Downloading will begin, and you will receive a downloading message.
1. Select the folders or files you no longer want to share, and then select the "Share-" button. If you do not select any folders or files, a pop up window will display all folders and files you are currently sharing with others.
2. Select the checkbox next to folders or files you want to remove from sharing and select OK. Selecting a checkbox next to Person will remove sharing for all folders and files with the displayed email addresses.
3. Confirm the items that you are removing from being shared. Select the "OK" button to confirm.
1. If you want to check which folders or files you are sharing with others, select the "Share✓" button.
2. Folders and files you have shared will be displayed.
Contact groups can be found in the My_contacts folder under your home folder when you log in. Contact groups contain email addresses that can be used to share files. A contact group can be an individual email address associated with a name, or it can be a list of email addresses and names. Contact groups are provided as a way to store email addresses that you frequently use when you share files with others.
You can put all your contact groups directly under the My_contacts folder, or you can organize them in My_contacts sub-folders. Sub-folders can be created using the "New Folder" button.